Monday, June 1, 2009

My Song

Why Do I Stay?

(My Song)

You said you aint gonna do me no wrong.
You said you aint gonna do me no harm.
You said your love for me come that strong.
So tell me what went wrong.
How could the love we share be true?
Unconditional. Not for me and you.
The falsehood of love make me sad and blue.

Why do I stay? Don't know why I do…

I promised myself last time you'd have to go.
The bruises and scrapes, I cant take no mo'.
Should I say stay or show myself the door?
Because I love you, It make me unsure.
The fact of the matter, you see this is true.
You cant dislike me and say I Love You.
You cant caress my arm then mark it blue.

So why do I stay? Don't know why I do…

Teach my boys yet they see how we be.
Respect the females, don mind your dad and mommy.
Yet they only can do what they know and see.
And the cycle continues passed on by you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment